FAQ - Customer Service
- Order & Paymenty
- Sales TAX
- Shipping Policy
- Delivery Acceptance Instructions
- Cancellation Policy
- Return & Refund Policy
- Curb Side Delivery
- White Glove Delivery
- Secure Shopping
- Accuracy of Content
- Order & payment
- We accept payments from personal checks and the following major credit cards: Visa, Master Card, and Discover. Payment is required 100% upfront, before the shipment..
- All products come with a standard warranty of 6 months to 1 year against manufacturers defect. We work only with the best manufacturers with reputations for quality assurance.
- Sales TAX
- We don't charge sales tax on any order shipped outside of California. LaContempo will collect the appropriate sales tax for orders shipped within the state of California. This will be added to your final total when placing your order. Tax Exempt Organizations should fax resale certificates to after placing your order.
- Shipping Policy
- LaContempo will arrange for your order to be shipped via the most dependable, quickest, and safe way possible. We work with common shipping companies such as UPS, FedEx, DHL as well as privately owned shipping companies specializing in furniture delivery and assembly.
Please note that LaContempo is not responsible for the furniture assembly, unless "White Glove Delivery" was selected during checkout as delivery method.
At the present time LaContempo ships to addresses in the Continental United States. Shipping costs as well as "Free Shipping" specials are therefore only valid for addresses in the Continental United States. If you are interested in shipping your order to Hawaii, Alaska, or Canada please contact us to obtain a quote for additional shipping and/or duty charges that may apply. Please note that these quotes will be based on the destination of the shipment as well as the dimensions, weight and value of the items in question.
Deliveries can take an additional 1-3 weeks after the shipping date, depending on location. You can check the status of your delivery timeframe online through the carrier's web site or by telephone. Our carriers will contact you a day or two prior to arrival to set up a delivery timeframe with you.
All delivery date estimates listed on our website are approximate and we always strive to adhere to them as closely as possible. Unfortunately, these estimates are dependant on product availability from the manufacturer as well as shipping delays en route to our facility. Therefore we cannot be held responsible for beating or exceeding originally expected delivery estimates that are caused by factors that are beyond our control.
If you have special requirements for your delivery please contact our Customer Service department toll free at 1(818) 763 3117 and we will be glad to assist you.
If, after numerous attempts made by LaContempo to deliver purchased goods and customer was not available to accept the delivery, we reserve the right to recall all merchandise for a full refund of the purchase price, less all shipping and handling costs that are incurred by us as a result. The same applies if a customer is not available to accept a delivery at a previously arranged time after an appointment had been scheduled and the delivery cannot be completed. Items offered with free shipping are dependent upon customer location and size of order. We reserve the right to alter this offer should your zip code lie outside standard delivery routes. In addition, orders for items with weights that are more heavy than usual or expected may need to be readjusted for extra unforeseen fees. No additional fees will be charged without notifying the customer and obtaining prior approval.
- Delivery Acceptance Instruction
- Delivery must be signed for by the customer or an individual at least eighteen years old that the customer designates to have the authority to sign for the delivery.
It is critical that any damages that are visible at the time of delivery are noted on the delivery slip at the time of delivery and are accompanied by the customer's signature. Do not sign the Bill Of Laden (trucking company receipt) that says in small print "Received In Good Condition" until you (or your agent like a moving & storage company) has inspected your furniture for damage. If the boxes containing the items appear damaged please mark this very clearly on the delivery slip. If you have ordered for the items to be assembled and have noticed any damages during the assembly process, please ensure to note this clearly while signing the assembly service paperwork. In the event that an item arrives damaged or defective please see our Return and Refund Policy.
In the event that you are not ready to accept delivery we will be happy to hold the merchandise in our warehouse at no charge for 7 business days. After this time passes your account will be charged a storage fee of 2% of the purchase price per day
- Cancellation Policy
- Once the order is placed with LaContempo, we will submit an order directly to the manufacturer on your behalf. This typically occurs within a 24-hour period after an order is placed by the customer. Once this step has been completed LaContempo and thus the customer, become financially obligated to purchase the ordered merchandise from the manufacturer. For this reason, we don't accept order cancellations once the 24-hour window has passed. At the time an order is placed the customer receives a notification via e-mail describing all order details. It is the customer's responsibility to verify that the information in e-mail receipt is correct. If the customer does not notify us of any changes within the 24-hour window LaContempo will proceed with ordering the merchandise from the manufacturer. Any cancellation of the order after this point must be submitted in writing through our contact form. The customer may be responsible for any shipping and handling fees that may apply. Any returned items except the damages or quality problems will be subject to restocking fee of 15%.
- Return & Refund Policy
- Customer satisfaction is our top priority. You may return / exchange items purchased from LaContempo within 30 days. Returned items must be new and in unused condition. No returns allowed on custom orders. Mattresses, bedding and linens are also non-refundable and cannot be exchanged. A few of our vendors may be excluded from our return policy (As of January 2011 Rossetto USA and Innovation USA do not accept returns except for the items with quality problems or items damaged during shipment). To return items for an exchange or refund please contact us via contact form or phone at 1(818) 763 3117. All returns are subject to round trip shipping charges. If your item was shipped with "Free Shipping" option, we will charge our "actual" outbound shipping charges. Returns are only accepted in their original boxes, and should be un-assembled. Once an item has been assembled it is no longer returnable. Any returned items except the damages or quality problems will be subject to restocking fee of 15%.
Although rare, unfortunately damages during the shipping and manufacturing processes occasionally occur. In order to address any issues promptly please take that time to inspect the merchandise you have ordered upon receipt. If your shipment is damaged or defective, please notify us in writing through our contact form within 24 Hours following the receipt of your order. To help us resolve the situation we may ask you to e-mail photographs of the damages as well as a clear description depicting the damage to us. If the damages are promptly and precisely reported, we will do our best to repair or replace the damaged parts or item(s). If we are unable to do so, we will issue a full refund. You can be assured that we will do everything we can to correct all problems with minimal inconvenience to you.
Defects that have occurred during the manufacturing process and passed the factory's quality control checks are not caused by mishandling during the shipping process. LaContempo deals with respected and experienced furniture manufacturers that stand behind their products. In the event that a manufacturer's defect occurs, please report them to us through our contact form and we will present the claim to the manufacturer on your behalf. We will then work with the manufacturer in question to assess the best way to remedy the situation. The remedy may be a replacement of the defective part or item or may consist of a repair. Please note that most of the time defects that pass the quality control check done by the manufacturer as well as checks done by LaContempo are very minor in nature. As a result, these can be easily fixed by a professional in furniture repair.
Due to the nature of the furniture business, please note that LaContempo cannot guarantee that the finish of the ordered wood, leather, or stone will be exactly as pictured. Imperfections or variations in the grain, color, or sheen of the wood may occur naturally. Stone finishes such as marble and granite may differ in color and veining. In addition, variations in the color, sheen and texture (wrinkling and natural marks) of leather may occur due to different dying and tanning processes and natural phenomena. As a result, these naturally occurring characteristics are not viewed as damages or defects. Please note that images of products displayed on the LaContempo website may differ in color due to differences in the resolution of computer monitors. LaContempo always works with our partnering furniture manufacturers to obtain the highest quality photographs of the products and thus depict the merchandise as closely as possible.
Curb Side Delivery All deliveries are curb side only unless previously agreed. In case of home delivery LaContempo is not responsible for any in home floors, walls or any other damages possibly made by delivery company.
Curb-side delivery is performed to avoid any possible damage that may occur while unloading and moving the furniture from the delivery truck to your home. All of our furniture pieces are securely packed using foam, cardboard and shrink wrap as they travel directly from the factory. It would be very unfortunate, if the small trip between the delivery truck and your home, the furniture pieces are subjected to unnecessary damage. Curb-side delivery is highly beneficial for the consumer, as the consumer himself can take the effort and time to appropriately maneuver the furniture inside the home without any risk of a rushed delivery being performed by the freight delivery company.
If items are damaged, OR SUSPECTED TO BE DAMAGED, it must be documented with Delivery company at the time of delivery. The delivery driver must wait while you inspect. If the driver does not agree to wait, note this on the bill of delivery, WHEN YOU SIGN accepting delivery. NOTE ON THE DELIVERY SLIP before you sign your name, if the box shows any signs of damage on the outside.
Please, contact us if you would like to upgrade to "White Glove" inside delivery. White Glove Delivery Our White Glove Delivery service provides two-man delivery, to inside your residence to the room you choose. This service includes carrying the product up two flights of stairs from the building threshold (4-15 steps = 1 flight). If you need the product moved up additional flights please contact us*. Once the product is in the room you desire, the shipper will unpack the product and provide light setup that requires basic tools (i.e. pieces will be screwed or bolted together, set pieces next to each other, or on top of each other)**. The shipper will also remove and dispose of all packaging.
*In all cases the shipper will not hookup any electrical or component wires. Having items carried up more than 25 steps and longer assembly periods are available as additional services which would require additional charges. Please contact us if you feel you need these services.
**For bedroom and dining room furniture White Glove Delivery service includes delivery to inside your residence to the room you choose and unpackaging only. Please contact us if you feel you need these services. Secure Shopping We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide you with the safest, most secure shopping experience possible. SSL is the most advanced online shopping security system available. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. SSL encryption allows you to shop with confidence, knowing that only you and LaContempo have the ability to access your information. Accuracy of Content We strive for accuracy in all item descriptions, dimensions, photographs, pricing and any other product-related information contained on our websites. However, due to human errors and other determinates, we cannot guarantee that all item descriptions, dimensions, photographs, pricing and any other product-related information listed is entirely accurate, complete or current, nor can we assume responsibility for these errors. In the event a product listed on our website is labeled with an incorrect price, we reserve the right to refuse and/or cancel any order for said product and immediately amend, correct and/or remove the inaccurate information.